How to use TFSAdmin tool

Topics: For TFSAdmin Users
Jan 18, 2007 at 2:45 PM
Hi,
I downloaded TFSAdmin tool version 1.2.

I have some doubts :

1. Where should I install? In the same machine where TFS Server installed? or in system where Team Explorer installed is suffice?

2.I have no idea how to start using TFSAdmin tool after installed it
on the system.

Thanks in advance.

akjal
Jun 27, 2007 at 7:50 PM
akjal : <i>
<i>1Q_Where should I install? In the same machine where TFS Server installed? or in system where Team Explorer installed is suffice?

2.QI have no idea how to start using TFSAdmin tool after installed it
on the system_ </i>

Jiri:
1A to run the TFS Administration Tool, you will need the following components installed
.NET Framework 2.0
Administrative rights for the TFS Server, Sharepoint Server, and SQL Reporting Services server you wish to add users to The account that has the admin rights must be the same account you are running the Admin Tool from on your local machine.
A domain-based Team Foundation Server setup
Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 1.0 (server-based, not necessarily local) - does not have to be LOCAL
Team Explorer installed locally
2A there is extensive documentation after you install - in Readme.mht
at
C:\Program Files\Power Toys for Visual Studio\TFS Administration Tool\Readme.mht
in - PowerToys for Visual Studio
Sep 21, 2007 at 1:23 PM
hello,
im not able to download the admin 1.2 tool? the link on the site is saving a web page but not the setup.

please help.
Coordinator
Jan 18, 2008 at 2:53 AM
bhavtosh,

Click on the Releases tab. Click on the 1.2 tool link. It should display the Lincense Agreement. When you accept it, it will download the tool. I just tried it out. So let me know if this is still an issue for you.