SharePoint status: unavailable

Topics: For TFSAdmin Users
Jul 2, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Edited Jul 2, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Hey,

I created a new Project successfully, with the team portal and everything, but when I try to set permissions using the TFS Administration Tool v2.1 I get this error:  

Sharepoint Status: Unavailable
The Team Project you are trying to connect to have no SharePoint associated with it. Any missing tier will be disabled from editing and greyed out.

I've read http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb552341.aspx and it seems I have all the right permissions in Windows (Server 2008 R2 std), in TFS 2010, in Sharepoint products (2010 Foundation), and SQL Server Reporting Services (2008 R2). I double checked.

In fact, for another project in the same Project Collection on the same server, I do have all the permissions needed to admin that project!

Sharepoint 2010 Foundation specific permissions: I am an Administrator for the Site Collection, both the root and the TFS Project Collection, also I have full control over both site projects.

any thoughts?

thanks,

Nico.

Jul 6, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Forget this, I realized there is some delay when creating team portals and trying to assign permissions right away. After a 5 minute wait the problem was solved. without changing a thing.