Sharepoint Roles grayed out for new Project

Topics: TFSAdmin FAQ
Jun 26, 2012 at 4:05 PM

AT: TFS 2010 SP1, SharePoint 2010 Foundation
DT: SQL Server 2008 R2

TFS Admin Tool 2.1

After upgrading our TFS2008 to TFS2010 all migrated projects Sharepoint Roles were accessible with the TFS Admin tool. Not long after I finished the migration I was told that I would need to downgrade my SharePoint 2010 Server edition to SharePoint 2010 Foundation.

I successfuly performed the downgrade and all SharePoint Roles for existing projects remained accessible using the TFS Admin Tool.

Today I created a new project. It completed without error or warning. The SharePoint project portal was created and is accessible. When I went to add users using the TFS Admin Tool the SharePoint roles column was grayed out. I opened other projects to verify and found that all other projects' SharePoint roles were still accessible. It was just the new project that was affected.

I reviewed complaints about grayed out SharePoint roles in this forum and checked all permissions as suggested.

Can anyone suggest anything else that might be missing from the project association with the SharePoint site or explain how TFS Admin accesses the SharePoint project site permissions.

Is there a log or other diagnostic information that might give me a clue as to what is missing?

Richard

Jun 26, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Nevermind.  Apparently there is some time delay after the project is created before the SharePoint information is available.  I tinkered with the thing for at least two hours before I submitted this post.

I came back later and opened the project. To my surprise the SharePoint roles were available.

My apologies for the static.

Richard