TFS admin tool 2.1 compatibility with tfs 2012

Topics: For TFSAdmin Developers
Jun 13, 2012 at 12:07 PM

What is the current status with compatibility between the admin tool 2.1 and the new TFS 2012?

Are there any known issues?

If there are, will there be a new release of the admin tool to address these issues?

Jun 20, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Also, I'd love to see the next version support the Agile "team" concept.

Even though it's not really an admin/permission problem, I'd still love to see a grid of teams across team projects to make sure folks have the correct membership.

Aug 10, 2012 at 1:26 PM

I just downloaded the main version and recompiled it in Visual Studio 2012 and this made the tool working for Team Foundation Server 2012. 

The configurations I performed were:

• Added Active Directory groups 
  • Assigning roles for Team Foundation Server
  • Assigning roles for Reporting Services

The sharepoint integration is not yet tested by me because at the moment the TFS is not linked with a SharePoint.

I am not 100% sure that everything works perfectly so I would suggest some more testing.

Sep 12, 2012 at 7:53 PM

i'll second that ... "Are there any known issues?"

Sep 13, 2012 at 7:46 AM

I haven't countered any issues but I would like the suggestion of Richard (rhundhausen) to include the concept of team's in the tool.

Sep 20, 2012 at 1:56 PM

I am getting an exception using Add User(s)->Browse after installing VS2012. From the Output panel:

9/20/2012 8:52:16 AM: Button clicked: User Configuration BROWSE
9/20/2012 8:52:16 AM: Exception occurred
                       Type: System.ArgumentException
                       Message: Object of type 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Client.IdentityManagementService' cannot be converted to type 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Client.IIdentityManagementService'.
                       InnerException: -
                       Source: mscorlib
                       Target: System.Object TryChangeType(System.Object, System.Reflection.Binder, System.Globalization.CultureInfo, Boolean)
                       Stacktrace:    at System.RuntimeType.TryChangeType(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, Boolean needsSpecialCast)
   at System.RuntimeType.CheckValue(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, BindingFlags invokeAttr)
   at System.Reflection.MethodBase.CheckArguments(Object[] parameters, Binder binder, BindingFlags invokeAttr, CultureInfo culture, Signature sig)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InvokeArgumentsCheck(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at TFSAdministrationTool.Proxy.TeamFoundationServerProxy.ShowAddGroupControl(IWin32Window parentWin)
9/20/2012 8:52:19 AM: Button clicked: User Configuration CANCEL

Coordinator
Nov 25, 2012 at 1:38 AM

I've just released v2.2 which supports installing on a machine with Team Explorer 2012 and working against a TFS2012 server.

http://tfsadmin.codeplex.com/releases/view/98222