Sharepoint Roles are Red marked

Topics: For TFSAdmin Developers, For TFSAdmin Users
May 27, 2011 at 10:08 AM

Hello,

we are migrating from TFS 2008 to TFS2010 and have some irratations using tfs admin tool 2.1 afterwards.

The Sharepoint and Reporting Services Roles do have a red background. After changing rights everything is fine with Reporting Services Roles, but Sharepoint Roles still have the red background.

It is irratating because we can see the changes in Sharepoint, so it does work. If i add a new user to a project we don't get the red background.

In Output we get this message: Validating user: .... Sharepoint mappings. Result: False

So we don't have real problems but i would like to understand what this red background means.

Thx!

Jul 29, 2011 at 3:51 PM

I would also like to know about the mysterious shading/background on the grid. What is it telling us?

• Some are shaded with no text [normal meaning not set?],
  • some are white background with no text [?],
  • some are white background with the role(s) displayed [normal meaning roles are set],
  • some are shaded with role(s) displayed [?].

Thanks!

Mar 13, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Please could someone answer the questions of tkraft?

Thanks a lot, yours Henry99

May 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM

I think it is because the TFS admin tools thinks there is a discrepancy between the permissions levels set.  For instance our TFS Project Administrators did not have Sharepoint Full Control.  Which I think is ok but the UI is calling out a potential mismatch.  If you give those TFS Project Admins the Sharepoint Full Control rights then the red backgrounds would go away.