v2.1 - Export Permissions At The Project Level

Topics: For TFSAdmin Developers
Jan 26, 2011 at 8:49 PM

I have a feature request.  If this functionality already exists, I apologize.  At the project level within a collection, it would be nice to right click a project and see the option to export all users and permissions.  I see there is an import users button on the toolbar, so the counterpart to this request is already in place.  Lastly I would like the file format used for both the import and export users action to be compatible, so I could import/export the security settings easily between existing projects & collections.

Thx,

mike

Coordinator
Feb 13, 2011 at 12:09 PM

Currently the tool supports "copying" pemissions between two team projects from the same collection and the only limitation is that we do not support "copying" permissions between team projects from different team project collections. Would exporting permissions to a file be useful other than using the file to import the permissions to another team project? I am just wondering if we really need a file in order to import/export permissions between team projects.

Thanks, Ladislau

Feb 14, 2011 at 4:06 PM

Thank you for the reply.  That is good to know.  I think exporting permissions to a file would still be nice.  This way you could copy permissions to & from isolated cloned servers for testing purposes.

-mike

Coordinator
Mar 20, 2011 at 2:13 PM

Mike, I have added work item 30370 to track this feature request and placed it on our backlog.

Thanks, Ladislau