New Iterations

Topics: For TFSAdmin Developers, For TFSAdmin Users
Mar 5, 2009 at 1:27 PM
Hi all,

I am going to be doing some coordination on this project. As noted in the announcements section on the home page of the project we will be getting out a quick new release to address an issue with some reporting services urls. But... I'd like to propose a having other features in development in parallel along with a dedicated sprint with commitments for the next release.

One thing I'd like to propose is that now that Visual Studio 2008 Pro contains unit testing that we move from the nunit tests to mstests. This is a controversial proposal and thus why I open it up for discussion. The arguments against are that nunit is free thus no special Visual Studio SKU is needed to contribute and run unit tests. But at the same time any contributor is by default developing against TFS and thus must have TFS in order to contribute code that has been developed and tested anyway and now the Visual Studio Pro users are covered as well. So I'd like to get rid of the nunit tests and move these over to mstests. Anyone have any response? I created a work item: http://tfsadmin.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=21505 for this.If you are in agreement vote it up.

Mar 5, 2009 at 5:50 PM
Just as an update. I am in the midst of going through all the work items. A number of these have been addressed in the mainline tip but the work tickets are not updated. I have generated a planned release 1.4 and will be associating all the work items already addressed that were not in 1.3 into 1.4. As I am going through these I am asking some of the core contributors to address these for completeness and do the dev level test and if complete move them to resolved.

Bear with me as I clean up the work items. Don't be suprised if I just assign you some work - it's only a suggestion so if you don't want to do what I assign speak up. I'm just trying to do some resource alloc and expectations on closing out items that seem likely to already be done.