TFS Admin Tool Codeplex ClickOnce deployments

Topics: For TFSAdmin Users
Jul 19, 2010 at 7:24 PM

For Beta and RTW releases of the TFS Admin tool is there any chance that the click once deployment option will be available?

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/codeplex/archive/2010/07/13/clickonce-releases.aspx

Coordinator
Jul 20, 2010 at 9:07 PM

Allen,

TFS Administration Tool 2.0 is only available as an MSI package as if I remember correctly ClickOnce was not a deployment option when we released it. The team will consider creating a ClickOnce package for TFS Administration Tool 2.5 however we would be interested why would you prefer ClickOnce instead of the MSI package? From the top of my head, the only "feature" that we are missing at the moment, is the auto update which we could easily implement with ClickOnce. Are there any others that I might be missing?

Thanks, Ladislau

Jul 26, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Definitely looking for the auto update functionality. Should make it easier for you guys to push out patches/newer code.

Aug 2, 2010 at 12:19 AM

Any thoughts/follow-up?

Aug 9, 2010 at 3:06 PM

(bump)

Coordinator
Aug 26, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Allen,

As we are currently running very low on contributors to this project, we haven't had the chance to look into using ClickOnce as a deployment technology for the TFS Administration Tool. I am currently working on finalizing a new version of the TFS Administration Tool which uses the Team Foundation Server 2010 object model. As soon as that will be released, the team will look into ClickOnce.

Thanks, Ladislau